Why Your Auto Repair Shop Needs a Google Business Profile
Whether you are running a new or established business, it’s critical that you spread awareness of it so that potential customers know that you exist. You may well be running the best car repair firm in your area, but if you are not being seen or found on Google then you are almost literally not on the map.
Fortunately for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), there is Google Business, which provides a free and easy way of creating a company profile that puts you on the map as far as Google searches are concerned. It enables customers to find out all about your company online in just a few seconds. Since Google is the most used search engine in the world, it is well worth the effort of creating your Google Business profile.
Let's take a look at the many benefits of creating a Google My Business profile.
- It is done relatively quickly and it's free
- Google requires you to go through several verification steps before the Google Business listing goes live, meaning it is trusted by potential customers as being legitimate
- Whenever someone searches for an auto repair business in your area, your company will appear in the search results
- The location of your business will appear in Google Maps searches
- Google Business enables you to give important basic information, i.e. your opening hours, services you provide, how long you been in operation and telephone numbers
- You can easily update/make changes to your listing whenever necessary
- Satisfied customers can leave reviews on your Google Business listing. (Remember that customers take reviews seriously and regard them as more authentic than brand advertising)
- The Google Business dashboard provides easily understood data on your customers and how you are performing
Now that we understand the advantages, let's take a look at how to actually set up your Google My Business listing:
- Firstly, search Google for Google Business
- If you have a business email account, then sign in. If not, create a new one
- Provide the address of your garage or the area you serve
- Select your business category
- Type in your company phone numbers or website URL (address)
- Confirm that you are authorised to manage your Google Business profile. Usually a postcard is sent by mail to the business address, but there may also be an option to verify via phone or email
Initially, you will need to put a little time and effort into setting up your Google Business listing. But there is no doubt that your business will benefit from this free advertising and exposure for your auto shop.
for your business
(not anybody else’s)